Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunday's S.E.X.y~ Jessie Colt

Introducing Sunday's S.E.X.y~ where life is discussed and goes on~


Thank you Jessie for baring your heart and soul, giving our readers a glimpse into Life After Divorce...


I guess the question is where do I start. Let me start about a year before the end of my marriage. It was a hard time in my life. I was starting to get into writing and making friends with others who shared my love of the written word. My husband became consumed with what I was doing and always wanting to know where I was at. I know that doesn't sound all that bad now does it. Thing is he was critical of everything I did, to the point of telling how things should be done even though he really didn't know much about it. He hated my writing especially when my first book was published. Before I go any farther let me say I know there is more than my side of this and I don't blame or have hurt feelings toward my ex-husband for any of it.

To be really honest we were having troubles for a long time. I was laying in bed on night and it just kind of hit me. We were not happy together any more. I could not take knowing that I was making a man I had known for most of my life that unhappy. I told him that night I thought we should not be together any longer. He didn't take it well but we talked and then talked more over the next few days.

I have to say he moved on from me rather quickly, finding a new woman to take my place. I was shocked that I could be replaced so easily but I tried to be happy for him. We lived in the same home for a while keeping separate rooms. I guess the thing that really and truly ended things for me was when I was away on a planned trip and I came home to pictures of the new woman in my home. I was hurt by the lack of respect and I had not gone in search of a new partner.

This was never about me finding a new person in my life and I didn't have one. I never even tried to date until after our divorce was final.  I was left to find my way alone, don't get me wrong I had great friends though this whole event in my life. I didn't want to burden them with all my doubts and sadness. Though I am sure I did at times.

It has been almost two years now and I feel stronger than ever. I have slowly made a life for myself. Don't get me wrong I still have my moments of doubts but I have a great group of friends to lean on and they keep me grounded. My kids have been a huge help as well, just standing with me as they always have. I have been blessed by those who I call friend and my family as well.  

I wanted to give you a small bit of what happened to lead up to where I am now. I know this will help me heal even more as I write the words coming from my heart. Maybe just maybe this will help someone else out there to see there is hope for a life after divorce that still has real meaning and you not a failure because your marriage didn't work out.  I know today that many people go through divorce and handle it just fine but I was one of those that never even considered mine would not last forever.

I will be writing more in the weeks to come on different things I have gone though over the last years being single again. Let’s just say I was so out of my element in many ways with dating and stuff. I want to tell you about the wonderful friends I have as well and would welcome anyone wanting to share their thoughts as well. I look forward to telling you about my best friend Edgar. He and Evelise have been my saving grace though everything.

Jessie~ FB

~~~~~
2016 ©Evelise Archer All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment