Tuesday, December 13, 2016

S.E.X. Review Love Unwrapped by Hayden Hunt

How could he do this to me? 

I thought me and my ex really had something together. And then I find out he's been cheating on me for months. I mean, we were supposed to move in together, for crying out loud! And to think, I was going to surprise him by taking him to the shelter to adopt that dog he's always wanted. It was my Christmas gift to him. 

Well, jokes on him, because I'm going to adopt a dog anyway. What better way to get through a break up, right? And, well, when I meet a cute shelter employee named Gene I'm definitely not disappointed. I'm not sure it'll actually lead to anything but there's nothing wrong with some harmless rebound flirting, right? 

It's been a long time since I've been open to dating again. 

After my ex dumped me brutally years ago, I've become pretty closed off when it comes to meeting new guys. I just don't want to end up hurt like I did before. Plus the animal shelter keeps me really busy these days. Someone has to be there for these dogs. 

So when I meet Eli, I'm a little nervous. He's not only very attractive but also incredibly kind. I can see myself really falling for a guy like him. But I can also really see myself getting my heart ripped out by him... And I'm not sure if exploring a relationship is really worth it. Even if he does love Christmas time as much as I do. 



Love Unwrapped by Hayden Hunt was a Christmas feel good book that unfortunately did not work for me. Recently dumped (hours, not days), Eli found himself attracted to pet adoption coordinator Gene. The quick and instant chemistry have the two men in each other’s pants quicker than I could ‘turn the page’. Unprotected sex by two men (when one just found out his lover cheated on him) and the lack of emotional connection deterred me from connecting to either the characters or the theme.

Additionally, the lack of editing and word choice distracted from the read. 


~~~~~
2016 ©Evelise Archer All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment