Monday, July 20, 2020

S.E.X. Review~ The Devil's Cum in His Eye by James Cox

The Devil's Cum in His EyeCop by day, erotic writer by night, stripper on the weekends and Tomkin Coburn just found a dead body in his bedroom. But which occupation lead to murder?

Coburn has his teenage son in tow and a detective that seems to be interested in his butt as well as his innocence. He’ll do anything to protect his kid and the intense feelings he has for Detective Luke Early. The evidence quickly mounts up against Coburn, murder weapon, body fluids and oh yeah, no one in the world seems to know who the dead guy is.

Together, Coburn and Luke find themselves in the path of a killer but can they unravel the mystery before it’s too late?




The title immediately intrigued me, and I was not sure if I would get romance or erotic romance; but I was pleasantly surprised as to the likeability of The Devil’s Cum in His Eye. James Cox’s fast read packed a lot into it but left me wanting for more.

A book with sexy cops was always a find for this reader, and add a murder mystery, and I am hooked. While I liked the premise of the story, I found it a bit simplistic and things easily solved, fitting into a nicely wrapped package. Maybe if the book was longer, then more back story and more mystery could have been delivered- I needed more.

Cop by day, erotic writer by night, stripper on the weekends” ~ part of the blurb, but none of the descriptors really played a major part in the storyline~ More of a blasé inception. While I like both Coburn and Luke, I never connected with either man. Although, I think the men were perfect for each other. Tom’s son was a nice young man, and one could tell the author wanted to promote good parenting techniques by the boy’s manners and mannerisms. But, a few things Tom did, as a parent I thought to myself: Oh hell no!

Maybe not my favorite James Cox story but the basic structure kept me engaged. For that and the sweet sex scenes…..

Sexy & Sizzling
A four handcuff review 

~~~~~
2020 ©Evelise Archer All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment