Sunday, March 23, 2014

S.E.X. Welcomes Catherine Peace

A romance author who needs to love….
Best-selling romance author Claire Ergleston confines her passions to the pages of her books. When she receives a 1Night Stand date ‘to give her something to talk about in interviews,’ can she let herself be swept away?
A rock star who needs to let go….
The past has a chokehold on former rock star Ty Krause. Instead of killer tunes, he kills time writing passable songs for a British boy band and his nights wishing he had the balls to say goodbye. In a last ditch effort, he signs up for 1Night Stand, thinking that a night of no-strings-attached sex will help him break the leash of his past.
From the moment Claire and Ty meet, sparks fly—but can they overcome their pasts or will their potential love story end on a sour note? 

Welcome Catherine Peace~ 
Thank you for stopping by S.E.X. to answer a few questions and tell the 
readers about your newest release, Complete Me



To get us started can you tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out? 
Sure! To spare you guys from the zillion projects I’m working on, I’ll tell you a bit about Complete Me. It’s about two people who have essentially given up on love and relationships who get a second chance from Madame Eve, proprietor of the popular dating service, 1Night Stand.


If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’d like to say Paris, but I’ve never been there. In a perfect world, I’d live in a tiny house on the beach so I could listen to the waves at night.

How do you get yourself in the mood to write?
A lot of good ol’ guilt about not writing, some wine, and some music. Occasionally, candles.

Where do you find the inspirations for your stories?
EVERYWHERE. I’m inspired by other media, including books, TV, movies, music. Sometimes it’s a snippet of conversation I hear in passing, or something a friend says. Inspiration pounces on me like a puma.

If you could collaborate with one author who would it be? 
My dream would be Anne Rice, mostly so I could bask in her brilliance. 

When you begin your stories, do you go with the flow, or go with an outline?
I suck royally at outlining. I did it once and strayed so far from my outline they weren’t even in the same star system, so I go with the flow until I get stuck.

Are there any books coming that you are itching to read (either electronic or print) from your favorite authors?
NEW LESTAT BOOK IN OCTOBER. That has made my life at this point. Also I need Laura Kaye to hurry up and write more of her Hard Ink series. Immediately.

What makes your characters so vulnerable yet strong? Can you describe them to us? What do you do when characters stop talking to you when writing?
I think that my characters’ ability to be vulnerable gives them strength. They can put aside ideas of what “masculine” and “feminine” mean and just be people. Of course, when they stop chatting, I have to break out the wine.

Is music a factor for you while you are writing? Do certain songs put you in the right frame of mind to write certain stories?
Music is a hardcore factor in my writing. It grounds me and helps me concentrate, and a lot of the time, I use it to help me get into a scene. A lot of the time, I listen to instrumental stuff, but for Complete Me I listened to a lot of Chicago and current rock to get me into the story.

Catherine Peace has been telling stories for as long as she could remember. Maybe even from the womb; no one knows for sure. Now, she writes delightful romances with enough spice to make Emeril happy when not masquerading as a normal person at the day job.

Blog: The Pen Punks 
Reviewer for Indie Books R Us


Check out Catherine~ She's running a contest!


No comments:

Post a Comment