Monday, July 27, 2015

Moaning Mondays ~ Jamie Salisbury~ Choice Desires






Senator Choice is a shoe in for re-election with his numbers soaring past his competition. But things never go as planned for the handsome senator and his wife. With Caitlyn's mother, Susan making veiled threats of outing the couple private lifestyle, he must make a decision. A life changing health scare and politics start the wheels turning as Apolo put's it all aside for his family. Who is this green-eyed, ginger haired sprite who has captured Apolo Choice's heart?









Excerpt 

"Would you like to go to Ireland and visit your father? I know you're worried about him. It would be fine."

"I really don't want to go without you."

"Sometimes, it can't be helped, Caiti. There are going to be times we're going to have to be apart. It's called real life."

"I know. Hearing about all this wedding stuff, along with not knowing about his son…he's all alone, Apolo."

"So go. Book your trip so you'll be gone right before the wedding and after. Perhaps I can work things so I can fly over for at least some of the time."

"You would do that?"

"Of course I would."

"I really think someone should be with him. He still loves her, regardless of the fact she's a cold, heartless bitch."

"You don't just quit someone you've loved for so many years, Caiti, because they think they want something better."

"I know. I think I'll call him and tell him what I'm planning. Make sure he hasn't arranged some getaway on his own."

My father answered on the third ring. It was late afternoon in Ireland. As usual, he was his normal, cheerful self. "Caitlyn! It's good to hear your voice. I was thinking of you earlier today."

"All good, I hope, Pops."

"Always. How is that husband of yours? I imagine he's busy campaigning for reelection."

"Yes, but he's always busy. He's off this upcoming weekend because of the holiday, so we thought we'd leave a couple of days early and spend it alone."

"Get it while you can and how you can."

"Yes," I replied. "His time off will be few and far between, I'm afraid, the closer to the election we get. Which is part of the reason for my call."

I thought I heard the sound of a small girl laughing in the background. Odd, I didn't know of any friends of my fathers who had small children. Could be a neighbor. He said something I couldn't make out to whoever it was before he came back on the line. "I'm sorry, what were you saying, Caitlyn?"

"I was thinking of coming to visit during the time Mother is having her wedding."

"You're not going?"

"Absolutely not! I refuse to be part of that farce."

I thought I heard him take a long breath. "I know you and your mother don't get along. Hell, no one does. Family, that is. Don't get me wrong. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes."

"If you're that sure, then come on."

"You don't sound convinced, Pops. I thought the two of us could spend some time together, but if you've got other things going on, tell me. You won't hurt my feelings. I can make other plans." I had this awful feeling in my gut that there was something happening in his life he didn't want to tell me right now.

"I have no plans. You're always welcome here. I just don't want you to do something you might later regret."

"Regret? Where my mother is concerned? Never!"

"Then, I'll be waiting," he replied. "Oh, and there's someone I want you to meet while you're here."

"Who? Have you got a girlfriend you haven't told me about, Pops?"

He chuckled. "Aye, she's a redheaded temptress, she is. Has me wrapped right around her finger."

"Oh."

"Caitlyn." He laughed. "Her name is Briana, and she's nine years old."

"The little girl I hear?"

"Aye. Your brother, Tom's, daughter."

I sat there. Had I heard him correctly? My head was swimming with questions. "What? Did you just say Tom's daughter?"

"Yes, that's what I said."

"How did I not get included in the happy news?"

"Because I didn't even know until a few months ago. I'll send you an email later with the details. I don't want to talk about it right now. You understand…"

"Yes, of course. Well, I look forward to meeting the little charmer who's stolen your heart, Pops. I'll go ahead and make my plans, and I'll send you my itinerary."

"Very good, Caiti. You tell that husband of yours not to be a stranger, though I understand."

"I will. Later, Pops. Love you."

"Love you too."

I put the phone down and looked Apolo straight in the eyes. I smiled as I told him the news. "Seems I have a niece."





Bio

Writing romance stories with passion and sass, Jamie Salisbury has seen several of her books soar to #1 on Amazon. Her novella, Tudor Rubato was a finalist in the 2012 RONE (Reward of Novel Excellence) awards. The cover won for Best Contemporary Cover. Now in 2014, her novel, Life and Lies was nominated for a RONE in the Erotica category. Her books are both self published and now include several published through Secret Cravings Publishing.
Music, traveling and history are among her passions when not writing. Her previous career in public relations in and around the entertainment field has afforded her with a treasure trove of endless story ideas.

Contact Links
Twitter: @JamieRSalisbury



2015 ©Evelise Archer All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment