Thursday, November 10, 2022

S.E.X. Review~ Forgive Me Father by Garrett Leigh


Embry

"...you don’t understand.”

Mateo lowered himself to sit, still vibrating with the need to fix me, the way he always did. “Then tell me. Explain it like I’m the simplest idiot you’ve ever met.”

I can’t. I’d never told anyone. Not the judge, the jury, or the legal aid barrister who’d written me off before she’d ever met me. But as I drowned in Mateo’s affection, in a love I’d done nothing to deserve, the words came tumbling out.

Bad words.

Dark words.

Darker than sin.

Darker, even, than Mateo’s battered soul and the secrets I didn’t know about yet.

I thought those words would shatter me.

Shatter 
us.

But when the devil came for us, it wasn’t mine.

It was Mateo’s, and the man I’d trusted with my fragile heart was a stranger more broken than his scars could ever show.


Forgive Me Father is a continuation of the best-selling Rebel Kings MC series. Content warning for violence and sexual trauma.



I can not say this enough, but if I wanted to read a raw and gritty book, whether it be M/M or not, Garrett Leigh would be my go-to author.

Forgive Me Father, Rebel Kings MC was all that I expected and hoped in a Ms Leigh novel. A continuation of the men of the Rebel Kings, FMF was the story of Embry and Mateo. In the previous novels, the men danced around each other, and it would be inevitable for them to finally find their way to each other, but the road was not an easy one. Full of secrets, hardships, and nefarious dealing attempting to break the Kings to shreds, the men must undertake obstacles if they wanted to create a life together in the midst of their brothers.

Embry was the MC chaplain, a sensitive soul with an ironclad will, he kept the secrets of members in addition to his own. Little did he know that the biggest secret which Mateo kept to himself could potentially tear the entire club apart.

I know these men are rough, even killers, but Ms. Leigh has a way of making the reader fall for them regardless of their sins. She gave them dimension that radiated throughout their own story and the intertwining of the others. Even in the middle of a turf war love can be found.

All the men of the Rebel Kings deserve their HEA, and I look forward to being regaled by their stories.

Definite S.E.X.

A five Handcuff review



~~~~~

2022 ©Evelise Archer All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment